- Nov 19, 2013
- Reaction score
Microsoft has announced that starting next month it will no longer be participating in the technical support forums for Windows 7, 8.1, 8.1 RT and numerous other products
SOURCE: https://betanews.com/2018/06/11/microsoft-to-stop-participating-in-some-support-forums/The support for the below products will be discontinued across different forums in the Community.
Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!
- Windows 7, 8.1, 8.1 RT
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Internet Explorer 10
- Office 2010, 2013
- Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, Surface RT, Surface 2
- Microsoft Band -- this topic will be locked. Users are invited to participate in Microsoft Band 2 topic.
- Mobile devices forum -- Microsoft support will continue in "Other Windows mobile devices" topic
- Zune -- this topic will be locked, but will remain available for browsing
Specific messages were also posted in some of the individual forums that are affected by the change.