HELP! my PC reboots every time I try to access devices

Reaction score
Hey all, my PC reboots every time I try to access devices from control panel or settings. I get a blue screen that states error encounter and must reboot... the only thing I can find that tells me anything is next to a scan box that says... system services exception... Win 10 OS

Any ideas

Reaction score
Try to find a Virus/Trojan boot disk - I got bit several years ago and the bad guys don't want you to see them
If you have a burner, look for virus/rootkit removers on internet and create/run a boot disk - Avira is free - McAfee is not free but they have 3-PC deal Also check out Malware Bytes and CCleaner
Worst case, if you got install disk, is wipe HDD (Hirem's Boot and Nuke) and reinstall OS from disk
Also,search Internet for Windows 10 Recovery Mode - Sorry I got 3 pages using Yahoo "safety mode", not one of them from Microsoft
On Boot up watch for F key choices, Safe Mode, Recovery Mode etc.l

Reaction score
As Bruce says.
The most common cause for the error is a driver incompatibility. This puts you in a predicament, if you are unable to access the device manager or settings, to check for drivers.
But, whilst I have not read of it in recent releases, this was a common problem with certain Anti virus programs - in particular Mcafee (You?)

Reaction score
Did you recently install new software? I would attempt a system restore first to a time before this event happened. Run your antivirus and malware cleaners, then check for corrupt files by running an elevated command prompt sfc /scannow

Reaction score
Did you also install any new hardware devices?, bluescreen often points to hardware incompatibility!. ;)

Ask a Question