Here's the main problem with Win 10

Reaction score
When you are having a problem with your computer... anything, whatever, the questions asked or explanations on help to resolve any issue are ambiguous or unable to be understood by most people trying to get their computer to function properly. There is a conspiracy involved here. It has to do with all computer related sales of software & peripherals... they all work together to make $$. That's the bottom line... it's always about $$. Let me ask you all a question: What is a root of all evil? Win 7 which was the best ever didn't last long. I'd like to know why. Win 10 was designed to make everything obsolete & increase sales of upgrades. That's why Win 10 was initially offered for free. It will remain a major hassle in your life but it's ours to contend with due to the greed of big business. I could go on but what's the use!

Reaction score
Interesting thought and might be true but Windows 10 is still free. Yes, sometimes it is weird but it works well for me..

Reaction score
And if Win10 is too big an issue to deal with there's always the several versions, maybe over a couple hundred, of Linux which most are free and work on older machines but may not be fully up to the very newest machines. And they have long-term support, many as far as 2023 or longer, which means one doesn't have to do all the updates, are not forced to do so. Some of the problems with Windows can be attributed to third-party software being incompatible or not fully up to date for the version and build of Windows, such problems occasionally existed with older versions of Windows when new SP/Service Packs were added.
www.distrowatch.org

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's just a matter of evolution.
With new devices and technology emerging all the time you either embrace it or suffer extinction.
Microsoft decided to embrace it. We could probably argue as to the success and actual usability of their product(s), but...
The decision had to be made.
ARE there huge sums of money involved.... SURE

I could argue that at any point in time, historically....
Windows 2000 Pro was the best OS ever
Windows XP Pro was the best OS ever
Windows 7 Pro was the best OS ever

Will Windows 10 ever enjoy that distinction or did it stop there.
Who knows, but....
No one can stop time, progress or evolution.

Shouting the praises of Windows 7 like it was the Alamo or some other thing deserving of some particular reverence, is not productive
AND
Time marches on.

Reaction score
as a tech novice with severe learning disabilities, windows 10 isnt the best OS out there. it is very problematic. too many anomalies to list here and the descriptions for those issues would take up over 30 pages. the best OS i ever liked was vista. i had zero issues. with 10, ive gone through 1 full BSOD, 1 NBE (no boot error) and at least 5 UAC (user acct corruptions):eek: i swear, the next time i run into a system malfunction, im going to switch to linux peppermint. ran the live version, interface seems ok and uncomplicated.

Reaction score
All OSs and OS Software come with the potential to have some problems and issues especially new final releases.

Some of the problems with any OS is a users unwillingness to learn the necessary how to skills that are needed to keep an OS properly maintained and running smoothly.

I'm a Linux user prior to Windows XP EOL in April of 2014 and Linux works well and can do most of the same things tasks as Windows OSs , however Linux as with any OS has it's problems also.

Linux Distros offer an excellent alternative to Windows and the perspective new Linux user must have the willingness and desire to learn the necessary how to skills of Linux to have a 1st good experience as with any OS.

My 0.02 cents worth. ;)

Reaction score
I'm a Linux user prior to Windows XP EOL in April of 2014 and Linux works well and can do most of the same things tasks as Windows OSs , however Linux as with any OS has it's problems also.
I've been using Linux Mint on a Desktop and a Notebook since version 13. Since Microsoft has made it plain my 11" Windows 2-in-1 with 32GB storage [actually only about 27GB] won't be able to use a USB Thumb drive or SD or SDXC cards plugged in for necessary storage it won't be able to upgrade to the next version, it is now running happily with Linux Mint 19.1. A full install of Mint only took about 12GB of the drive, have lots of room for storage along with a 64GB MicroSDXC card. The main things I need are browsing the 'net, checking E-Mail online and office-production so anything else I'll just have to play on Linux sites to see what is available. My primary time-killing game is Mah-Jong and I have 2 I like.

Ask a Question