How can I enable only the needed drivers for startup in MSCONFIG?

Reaction score
My windows 10 machine has become a snail of a snail, just dreadful.

When I disable all drivers and services in MS config, then it boot up, and everything runs very quickly. Of course, I’ve lost audio as well as network capabilities.

I’ve been looking under system services to try and find out what the proper driver names are, but I can’t

Is there an easy way to determine which these services are and what they’re called so I can do this?

Thank you

Reaction score
There's nothing in your System Specs/Profile about the computer so impossible to determine the names of things but what you described is essentially what Safe Mode is, a diagnostic, does not load drivers for device other than keyboard, mouse and basic monitor.

What is needed in computer information is the list of what it came with usually provided by the maker of the computer, the OEM. If a custom/self-built that same information would be needed, should have been saved. I use a program, Belarc Advisor, to gain information about the computers I have to work on but all functions should be working at the time.

Reaction score
It’s impossible because there are HUNDREDS of services when I look in msconfig. When I look up and the name of a device in system properties doesn’t always align up with the names in msconfig.

Ask a Question