SOLVED How do I boot from a USB Image after a Failure

Reaction score
I know I have to ensure BIOS has the "Boot from USB" selected. Then what happens as I have never done it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I guess it would depend on what your are calling a "USB Image" and what you used to create the "USB Image".
Typically images that you create are not bootable but require a "rescue disk" created with the same software.
For instance in the case of an image made with the native Windows software, you would boot from the installation media.
On the second page after choosing a language and keyboard layout, you would use the advanced trouble shooting menu to select "System Image Recovery"
Likewise in my case, where I use Acronis True Image, I boot from the disk I created from within Acronis and then use the Recovery options on it to browse to my Image that I created using Acronis to recover it.

Reaction score
I see. I usually use the installation media and have to start from scratch. With the system image, I would not. I will remember to choose "System Image Recovery" next time. Thank you and I am marking this SOLVED.

Ask a Question