SOLVED How do I change file icons

Reaction score
This is a trivial problem, I know, but it's a little irritating.

I do a lot of ePub design using the CoffeeCup html editor. Nearly all the files I've produced with this editor have a little icon showing that they were produced with this editor. But I accidentally opened a type of file (content.opf) with the Atlantis Word Processor some time ago, and now all content.opf files show the Atlantis icon instead of the CoffeeCup icon even if I've opened them with the CoffeeCup editor several times.

I use a template content.opf file, and edit it to have what the particular ebook needs. And the template content.opf file and all its descendents show the Atlantis icon.

How do I get content.opf files to show the CoffeeCup icon instead of the Atlantis icon?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Alex,

Press your Windows key and S together to give focus to your search box.

Now type file then with mouse select Choose a default app for each type of file

Now scroll down to the extension you wish to associate with your CoffeeCupHtml and then select CoffeeCupHtml app to associate it with this file type.

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I appreciate the trouble you've taken, but I can't make it work.

When I press Windows key and S I get the search field.

But when I enter file all I get is
Settings
Documents
Folders

I've explored each of these, carefully, but I've never seen anything remotely like 'Choose a default app for each type of files'

I even tried searching for file extension after pressing Windows plus S, but get another group of options which seem to be locked into OpenOffice.

Am I doing something wrong?

PS, while I have you, what's the proper way to logout? I can't find a logout key.

Reaction score
PPS It's fixed! I just after I posted my last message I thought of pressing Windows S for the search option, and entering Choose a default app for each type of file. I got the whole list of files, scrolled down to .opf, clicked on the Atlantis option, got several options, chose CoffeeCup, and now content.opf files show the CoffeeCup icon!

Thanks again for your help. I'll be even more grateful if you could tell me the proper way to log out.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Left-click on Start

Click the Power icon at the Bottom left corner of Start menu

Select Shutdown

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I think you've misunderstood my question.

I know how to close Windows. I would like to know how to logout out of the forum.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Ahh ok

Scroll to top of page, then in the blue bar on right end you will see your Username.

Hover mouse over this and select log out.

Sample image

Untitled.png

Ask a Question