How do I completely uninstall the Ethernet driver on my Windows 10 computer

Reaction score
I am trying to remove the existing driver from the computer using the "Uninstall the device from the system (Advanced)" with the Ethernet cable disconnected only to have the driver reinstall. Is there a way to delete the driver completely from the system?

Many thanks for any help...

Todd

1600384796432.png

1600384652765.png

Ethernet Driver.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can delete the driver completely, however, you then have to physically remove the ethernet connection from your pc or it will be reinstalled over and over again.
You may be able to disable the ethernet connection:
2020-09-17_192126.jpg

However, I am not sure why??

Reaction score
I've tried removing the Ethernet cable in an attempt so that it would not reinstall the driver. And I tried the Disble. I must be missing a step or not doing one.

Reaction score
Removing the cable will not prevent reinstalling the driver since the device is still physically active. You could try to uninstall the device including deleting the driver. That way it might just reinstall as a single device not as the third install. If that does not help, I am out of options beside reinstalling the whole system. I do not think it is that much worth it...

Ask a Question