How do I reset solitaire scores?

Reaction score
I'm not positive but I think CCleaner will clear MS game statistics. There is an option and I have always assumed the scores were part of what was cleaned with that option.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Cliff.
I tried it and it did zero my Klondike score.

Reaction score
LOL. Anyone know how to do the opposite!

I am dedicated to the daily challenges. I have just found out that if you put an image back on, the scores so far all revert back to the date of the image. I am now trying to find out where they are stored on the computer, so that I can save them.

Reaction score
The Win7-Games would be stored in "c:\Users\*login_id*\AppData\Local\Microsoft Games\".

I'm not sure about games installed from the App Store.

Edit: Example is Minesweeper keeps record of settings and scores in - MinesweeperSettings.xml

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK, for windows 10 you might have to do a little leg work, but if you look in:
C:\Users\[user id]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_[probably variable]\LocalState\UserData\Guest\Statistic, you will find a file called: Statistic.ark.

Delete or rename this file and restart solitaire:

Assumptions:
1. You have decided NOT to participate in the game sharing ability for Microsoft
2. You have access to your system files (AppData is a hidden system folder)

Reaction score
The solution does not appear to wrok if you have an online game id. this means that all scores are shared in microsoft's cloud, and deleting any local statistics.ark file does not appear to reset the scores.

Reaction score
Andy. The thread is a little old!
But, if you go into settings - Apps, and scroll down to Ms Solitaire - Click Advanced Options and then reset - you will finish up with a big Zero on your score.

Reaction score
But, if you go into settings - Apps, and scroll down to Ms Solitaire - Click Advanced Options and then reset - you will finish up with a big Zero on your score.
Does not work and never has it worked.

Reaction score
OK, for windows 10 you might have to do a little leg work, but if you look in:
C:\Users\[user id]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_[probably variable]\LocalState\UserData\Guest\Statistic, you will find a file called: Statistic.ark.

Delete or rename this file and restart solitaire:

Assumptions:
1. You have decided NOT to participate in the game sharing ability for Microsoft
2. You have access to your system files (AppData is a hidden system folder)

After "LocalState" my computer does not have "UserData". Is it hidden somewhere?

Reaction score
07 08 2022 It works! Thx Dave :)

Ask a Question