Still Need Solitaire Score Reset Assistance

Reaction score
I would like to reset to zero the cumulative scores for Klondike Solitaire, but I originally posted this query more than seven weeks ago and still have not gotten an answer. Obviously, the Windows 10 version of the game does not provide any way of resetting to zero as did previous versions. Is there a way to find and change a file that or some other action that would allow me to reset scores to zero? Unfortunately, I am not proficient in computer technology or terminology, so please take me step by step if possible. Thanks for your assistance.

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't recall "Klondike Solitaire" in any version of Windows.

I do recall:
  • Chess
  • FreeCell
  • Hearts
  • Mahjong
  • Minesweeper
  • Purble Place
  • Solitaire
  • SpiderSolitaire
Which can be cleared by removing the corresponding folder in the following AppData location. That is assuming you manually installed the old Windows 7 games. Other games could be found in this location, I couldn't say though for sure.
  • c:\Users\*login_id*\AppData\Local\Microsoft Games\

Reaction score
Provided if your scoring type is set at Cumulative Vegas setting.
If yes....................
Open Klondike Solitaire> top left, click the 3-line Menu icon > click Game options > right side, click Reset Cumulative Score button > click Continue.
reset score.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Didn't you notice a thread in the same Gaming forum just under yours ?
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/how-do-i-reset-solitaire-scores.4280/

In there a reply says using Ccleaner will erase the score.
If you have Ccleaner installed, give it a try.

Thank you for all your replies. I am sorry that I did not make my post a little more clear. I am trying to reset to zero the Games Played and Games Won categories. Ccleaner does not solve that issue, nor does resetting scores. That simply resets the cumulative score. I would like to reset the entire statistical group. Thank you, again, for replying so quickly. It is much appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I believe that all the information you are trying to scrub is linked to your xBox account and stored in the Cloud and nothing you do locally (even uninstalling and reinstalling the games) will help.
I believe, if this is of some critical importance to you, that contacting xBox support would be your best bet. I understand that they can help in zeroing out such statistical data from your account.
Step #4 here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us might help.

Reaction score
I notice that on other threads, many people are complaining that the Windows 10 Solitaire Collection quit working. Although there have been many suggestions and I've tried them all and other posters have tried them all, it appears that once this happens in Windows 10 there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to fix the problem. I now play solitaire on my Ipad on an app. If anyone has figured out how to fix this problem I'd sure be glad to know. I mean a real solution that works, not another shot in the dark which fills most of the threads on this subject.

Reaction score
You can create a new user in your PC and your stats for this user will start in 0. You can use that user only for playing purposes and every time you want to reset the stats you eliminate the user and create it again.
It worked for me.

Reaction score
I would like to reset to zero the cumulative scores for Klondike Solitaire, but I originally posted this query more than seven weeks ago and still have not gotten an answer. Obviously, the Windows 10 version of the game does not provide any way of resetting to zero as did previous versions. Is there a way to find and change a file that or some other action that would allow me to reset scores to zero? Unfortunately, I am not proficient in computer technology or terminology, so please take me step by step if possible. Thanks for your assistance.

I looked for a solution for months and tried everything suggested on these threads. Nothing worked, but I found a solution on my own. It takes some simple computer skills and some trust: Using Windows Exployer, search "This PC" for "solitaire". It may take some time, but several lines will appear. Select the one that contains the complete path and "Open file location". Once open, you will see several files. Select "SolitaireSettings" and delete it. If you are neverous, just change the name, but either way, you can now call up "Solitaire" and you will have a fresh game.

Reaction score
I looked for a solution for months
Try over 1.5 years ago. And that last post even got the version of Windows wrong.

I had the same issue with TriPeaks Solitaire back in Windows 3.1x and WFW 3.11, solved with the install of Windows 95.

Reaction score
I never relied to that post. I replied to a newer post asking about "solitaire" in Windows 10. Most of the posts that I have seen are about that and not older versions. Sorry for the confusion.

Ask a Question