How do you install DirectX to your computer

Reaction score
I am still trying to reload my computer after it cashed, I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 on a cd I purchased new a long time ago which I've used a lot .
Now it keeps telling me I need DirectX on my computer but following the instructions to install DirectX the research box just goes on forever, What am I doing wrong???? Please help once again . Regards desmo11225

Reaction score
It should be already installed.

Click on the start icon and type dxdiag- In the windows which opens, the last item should say you have directx 12.

But, it may need your manual intervention if you do not see it. Open settings - "Apps". Then click "Apps and features" Right down at the bottom click Programs and features
Top left, select "Turn Windows features on or off"
Scroll down the list to "Legacy components and expand and click it on. EOk it and reboot the computer.

Reaction score
Hello davehc.
I have had several goes at both your suggestions Dave but when I try to install my Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 a box comes up telling me to install DirectX I am sure if I can over come this problem my Adobe Photoshop will work OK even now it's an old version. Thank You for Replying . All the Best desmo11225

Ask a Question