SOLVED How to Automatically open desktop icon?

Reaction score
Is it possible to open automatically an icon without having to click it than it opens at each start of computer. Is this possible?

Reaction score
if you put the shortcut into this folder (per copy and paste):

C:\Users\{yourname here}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

then the program will be started every time windows starts. Its the way I do it and it works so far without issues.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Thank you Grizzly for response. I am not sure how to go about it, as icon is not a Windows entry but an HP software in that if you manually click software icon, it then carries out procedure. What I am hoping is feasible in not having to click icon at each start up.

Reaction score
Thank you Grizzly for response. I am not sure how to go about it, as icon is not a Windows entry but an HP software in that if you manually click software icon, it then carries out procedure. What I am hoping is feasible in not having to click icon at each start up.
Behind every Icon on the Desktop is a link (shortcut) to a file, be it an executable or just a document file. Copy that icon in the suggested folder and see what happens. If it is in the autostart folder it will be executed and also it will show up in the startup list

2021-09-24_204219.jpg

Reaction score
Thank you for responses, which where tried out to a degree of success. The icon in questions remains visible on the screen, clicking the mouse button removes the icon in question.

Reaction score
I would appreciate clarification as to what is required to complete above suggestions.
C:\Users\{yourname here}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Start
up. Desktop Icon is not a Windows item but a HP Packard-Hewlet.
What is required for AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/,Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Start. Help on this will be most appreciated, Rab89.

Ask a Question