File Explorer opens automatically on every startup, despite not being on msconfig list

Reaction score
I tried all the methods and solutions this site provided, none of those fixed the problem. And I also took a look on those startup locations, provided here, but coulnd't find File Explorer on any of these locations.

So, I've been googling a while, it seems like a common problem and it has been provided fixes here and there, but none of those haven't really fixed my problem. I was also suggested, that I should turn on the "Restore previous folder windows at logon", then restart, then turn it off, and then restart again. But that didn't help. When it was turned on and it booted to the desktop, it would welcome me with two Windows Explorers.

Thanks to anyone who's willing to help me out here. It kind of annoys me, when the Windows Explorer starts on every startup.

Regedit32

Reaction score
You could try a third party tool from Systernal called Autorun.

It's designed to show all programs, drivers, etcetera that load on startup and will also provide registry locations for these.

You can download it via Microsoft's Technet site here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

With any luck it may help you find how its loading on startup and give you the chance to stop it.

Ask a Question