File Explorer will not stay open

Reaction score
Am on version 1803, Build 17692.1004 on a x86 PC and same version on a x64 laptop. On both machines File Explorer will open and either shut down within seconds or stay open until asked to do anything and then it will shut down, and temporarily clear the task bar. I cannot move, copy or delete.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
My file explorer has to be manually restarted but once it does stays restarted. I have not found a fix for it. Asked tech staff they wanted me to reset windows which I will not do it will cause me to reinstall my non windows apps. All this has happened since 1803 up date. Appears Windows has some fixing to do and up date 1803.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As 17692 is an insider preview release.....
Have you considered upgrading that to a more current build from the Insider Program

Capture.PNG

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Trouble started with a up dated 1803 things were fine before. I have everything working fine except file explorer, it needs a Manuel restart start my
only when I restart my
computer I normally use hibernate power setting .
Other then breaking it good I think waiting to see if Microsoft can fix one thing then breaking another thing, insider update is not a sure thing itself. Win 10 is a big experiment in itself every up date shows incorrect things that are unknown it after the up date . Others choose to wait on up dates that causes more unknown issues.

Ask a Question