Windows 10 File explorer - list view

Reaction score
I use <<C:\Windows\explorer.exe "D:\">> as the target for a shortcut to open File Explorer.
This works fine, but in the list view on the left, the desired folder - D in this case - appears at the bottom.
This is not very helpful for viewing the folder's contents.
Can it be made to appear at the top instead?

Reaction score
Right click d:> and drag it to the desktop and, when give the option, make a shortcut there

Reaction score
Thanks davehc for the reply.
Unfortunately, dragging D to the desktop produces a shortcut that does exactly the same as mine - namely it shows D at the bottom, not the top of the list view on the left.

Reaction score
Yes. Now I read you original, I see that is exactly what you did! :rolleyes:
Just been browsing. I think you could move them all into the library or quick access folder, in the order that suits. Sounds a bit dodgy though.
Otherwise, what about a third party File manager, There are some excellent ones out there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
what about this:

2018-10-23_185605.jpg

Reaction score
Yes. I did suggest that, but so far no response.
But I am sure one of those third party offers can do the trick?

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional inputs.
I think using a 3rd party File Manager might be the answer

Reaction score
donwb
Just done a little homework for you.
I downloaded 6 recommended File managers. A couple offered minor features, which could be done in Windows 10 anyway, wit some workarounds. Four were just alternatives, with no noticeable differences, to the existing explore.
None would do what you need. Maybe the paid for versions might, but I am having doubts.

Ask a Question