How to Fix Error code 0xc0000225

How to Fix Error code 0xc0000225

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

How to Fix Error code: 0xc0000225 - Instructions on how to fix error code 0xc0000225 in Windows 10

Perhaps you've recently been tinkering with the boot order on your system, or inadvertently misconfigured your dual-boot setup - there are lots of reasons that would cause the dreaded 0xc0000225 error screen when booting up your PC. Using the "startup repair" option from the Windows 10 recovery options is unlikely to fix this particular issue.

Thankfully this problem is fixable, although not straightforward - this process is only for users...

Read more about this article...

Reaction score
0xc0000221 0xc0000225 0xc0000098

These errors are a pain well I think i have cracked it won't know for a week or two. The PCI Express, PCI express 2.0 and PCI express 3.0 are different graphic cards with different speeds and different packet lengths there is about 3-4 main differences between these cards I have a PCI Express graphics card in a PCI Express 2.0 Motherboard and have been butting my head against the wall for a week now and last night I think I cracked it. Header checksum doesn't match computed checksum this is what these errorss add up to and I believe the header mentioned here is the Header in the graphics that has to match digital analog monitors TV video DVD if the sums don't match when measuring the compatibility of the sent packages then they get disgarded. I know you will read that these different cards will run together MOST of the time but that was 3 years ago before the new complications of the modern computers I haven't tested my theory yet its only a theory so far but if you are having the same problem and you have a matching graphics card on hand I would love to hear if my theory is correct as I am poor and will have to wait to buy a new graphics card which I hope to order tonight as this makes sense to me.....

Reaction score
0xc0000225 0xc0000221 0xc0000098 Error Codes.

Ok got it working,
1. A 980de3/u3s3 is a different Motherboard to a 980de3/u3s3 R2.0
2. It has different drivers and different Bios Files
3. the R2.0 is the newer MB
4. I upgraded the bios to the latest Bios then on reboot I had a checksum error
5. I have removed 3 sticks of ram and also all the other devices
6. Bios settings I set to optinal then in storage selected the AHCI i think and disabled the ide side of things- could have chosen IDE but could incur errors later if I selected ide.
Did a custom install easiest install ever. now I have weeks of work infront of me to get it up to speed

Reaction score
OK when I loaded up the ram again I found that the 2 and fourth ram slots are faulty I switched the ram around etc all four sticks of ram work but only 2 off the 4 ram slots work.

Reaction score
0xc0000225, 0xc0000221, 0xc0000098 error codes SOLVED.

OK my Motherboard is working all four ram now what it was was the ram timing I was trying to run 4 sticks of ram at 933mhz DDR3 1866 and the windows wouldn't boot but 2 sticks of 8gb ram @ 9333mhz x 1866 would boot giving me a total of 16gb
I have altered the memory clock in the memory configuration section of the bios to 4 sticks of ram 933mhz ddr3 x 1866 but setting the memory clock to 4 sticks of ram 800mhz x 1600 totaling 32gb of ram.

NOW the question is is 16gb ram faster at 933mhz x 1866 than 32gb running at 800mhz x 1600 I am pretty sure the 800mhz x 1600 would be more stable.

I guess the best setup for this 980de/u3s3 r2.0 Asrock MB (max ram 32gb) would be to install two 16gb DDR3 running 933mhz x 1866 to get the optimal performence without passing out when trying to load windows.

Caution: when cmos batteries get flat remember the bios settings will change and these error codes will show again until the bios is reset with a new battery as well.

Reaction score
error code 0xc0000225 solved

I was mucking around with dual boot and stuffed up the registry somehow. Long and short of it was that I had to create the bootable usb for installing windows 10, set bios to boot from usb, then I was able to get into repair options that finally got me to a command prompt where I could do the next step which is explained in this dudes youtube video, see link below.
I stumbled across this guys video that copies the backup registry back into the working registry...or something like that and then with a reboot, my computer was back to normal. Probably not the answer for everyone but worked in my case. The video's not the best quality but if you're patient and type the exact commands he does then it will copy the files over.

Here's the link:

Ask a Question