Fixing Error Code Ox800706 - Ox90016 to setup Win10

Reaction score
When trying to setup Win 10 after downloading, get above error. Need help to fix so I can setup and install WIN 10.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Cavelcante,

Could you please clarify what exactly you are doing when this error message pops up.

For example, are you still in the process of receiving updates via the Windows Update Service?

Or have you all ready downloaded a Windows 10 ISO file, and are now either:
  • Running a Media Creation tool, or
  • Attempting to run setup from a mounted ISO

In the meanwhile, both sides of your Error Code, point to administrative privilege issues.

Assuming your download is not corrupt, then running the setup while logged in as a user belonging to the Administrator Group may resolve the issue. Or running an application (for example if you were using Media Creating tool) as Administrator [ i.e. Right-click application > Run as administrator ] may resolve the issue.

The more clear information you can provide will see a better response to your thread from the forum which hopefully will lead to a quick resolution for you.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Cavelcante,

Could you please clarify what exactly you are doing when this error message pops up.

For example, are you still in the process of receiving updates via the Windows Update Service?

Or have you all ready downloaded a Windows 10 ISO file, and are now either:
  • Running a Media Creation tool, or
  • Attempting to run setup from a mounted ISO

In the meanwhile, both sides of your Error Code, point to administrative privilege issues.

Assuming your download is not corrupt, then running the setup while logged in as a user belonging to the Administrator Group may resolve the issue. Or running an application (for example if you were using Media Creating tool) as Administrator [ i.e. Right-click application > Run as administrator ] may resolve the issue.

The more clear information you can provide will see a better response to your thread from the forum which hopefully will lead to a quick resolution for you.

Regards,

Regedit32
Thank you Regedit32.
I have already downloaded WIN 10 and tried to RUN SETUP. It tried processing RUN but ended up giving me the above Error Message. What do I have to do to try running as Administrator. I am trying upgrading fro WIN 7 Prof. on my desk top. Thanks again.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Cavelcante,

Again, assuming the ISO you downloaded is not itself corrpted, then:
  • Locate the downloaded ISO file on your computer

For example if you chose to download Windows 10, English, 64 bit version the file name would appear as Win10_1511_1_English_x64.iso

• Note: If your Windows 7 is 64-bit, the Windows 10 ISO MUST be 64-bit, and if your Windows 7 is 32-bit, then the Windows 10 ISO MUST be 32-bit

• Having located the downloaded file, right-click and select Mount
  • A virtual drive will be created and inside this drive you can view the contents of the ISO. You will see the Setup file listed. Right-click on Setup and choose Run as administrator

The setup will begin with the opening Blue window telling you its preparing windows and from there follow the prompts.

If you still receive the Error message then there could be a few factors in play:

1. Your downloaded ISO image was corrupted during download and this needs to be downloaded again
  2. You downloaded an ISO image that does not match your System Architecture (For example if your current System is 32-bit but you downloaded the 64-bit ISO for windows 10 - an error will occur)
  3. The installer is unable to connect to Windows Update Service to download any recently released updates in order it can install the latest Windows 10 image and settings. This could be for three reasons:
    1. Windows Update Service is itself corrupted
    2. You are not currently connected to the Internet
    3. You are connected to Internet, your Windows Update Service is working fine, but alas, you have all ready hit your Data cap your ISP may set for upload/download data, and thus the Installer is unable to download any data

Finally, keep in mind the installation process requires space to store temporary files it will call on as the installation takes place. Make sure you have sufficient space on the drive you are installing to.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question