SOLVED How to get rid of a Microsoft NoraNora pop up ad

Reaction score
This pop up comes from the lower right side of screen and stays until I click on it.
How can I remove this annoying nuisance?
Thanks for any suggestions

Reaction score
Looks like it is running resident, so I would suspect it is being activated on startup.
Look in the task manager - Startup tab, and see if it is listed there. If so, disable it.

Reaction score
Thank you for responding Dave ! ( I'm 77 and not too savvy...How do I get to the start up tab and task
manager?
JanBD

Reaction score
Do these ads happen only when you are using Google Chrome/Edge browser? If so here's how to get rid of them.

Otherwise open task manager and click on the Startup tab - if you're not sure tell us what is listed in the Startup tab.

Reaction score
Thank you for responding Dave ! ( I'm 77 and not too savvy...How do I get to the start up tab and task
manager?
JanBD
Right click the taskbar (at the bottom) then click the task manager. Click on the start up tab. Can you make a copy of what you see there and post it?

Reaction score
Good morning! I ran a spyware scan and only 1 item showed up....that one! It's gone.
I did check out the task manager and the start up menu....too many to take a picture of....but the NoraCora pop
up disappeared. Thank you so very much for taking the time to help me...and I now know about the task bar and task manager. You're very kind!!!
JanBD

Reaction score
Do these ads happen only when you are using Google Chrome/Edge browser? If so here's how to get rid of them.

Otherwise open task manager and click on the Startup tab - if you're not sure tell us what is listed in the Startup tab.

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind response. I did open task manager and start up tab... too much there to take a picture, but in the meantime I ran a spyware scan and that took care of it. (because it was coming from the side and had microsoft attached, I didn't think a spyware scan would remove it...but it did and it's gone! Thank you again!!!! You're very kind to offer assistance!

Reaction score
Come back again, if you run into more hitches. Many of us are also old geezers - I’m 86.

Reaction score
You are adorable and funny! Old geezers are the BEST....Thanks for the chuckle and the help!

Ask a Question