Anyone know how to get rid of Avast Antivirus?

Reaction score
My wifes new Dell computer came with Avast installed on it.
I have uninstalled it using Revo Uninstaller but it keeps reinstalling it self over and over.

The install files are in the C:\Program Files folder, in an Avast folder.
Windows will not let me uninstall this folder or any of the files in it.

I have used SuperAntiSpyware's SuperDelete application but that can't do it either.
I have looked online and there are hundreds of people are asking the same question.

Usually someone from Avast posts bad mouthing the person who is complaining abut it.

Any one know how to force delete the Avast folder from her computer.
This would be enough to make me avoid Dell computers.

Mike

Reaction score
Dell's don't usually come with Avast as far as I know (usually McAfee). Was it a new computer? I've run Avast (and still do) on multiple computers, and uninstalled it dozens of times. I've never had an issue uninstalling. That's a strange one. Maybe someone here has had a similar issue. I haven't seen any posts about it.

Reaction score
I have uninstalled it using Revo Uninstaller but it keeps reinstalling it self over and over.

I have used SuperAntiSpyware's SuperDelete application but that can't do it either.
I have looked online and there are hundreds of people are asking the same question.

Usually someone from Avast posts bad mouthing the person who is complaining abut it.

Mike

Hey Mike! It's been my experience when there is a seriously pesky application that just won't budge, like Avast or McAfee, I have to boot from a bootable source like a DVD, CD-ROM or a flashdrive containing Windows/NTFS, then go into File Explorer and search for all occurrences of the app's name on the harddrive and delete them all. If you do this, try again if necessary, to make sure you got them all and their variations as well. This way, the files shouldn't be locked by the OS and not give you any trouble so they can't reinstall themselves when the computer restarts from the native hard drive next time. That was the only way I could kill McAfee completely! I keep a batch file on hand just for that purpose after I do a PC Refresh (Dell/OEM) that puts McAfee back on after I've been experimenting.

BTW, if you use Bitlocker, make sure you have your key handy or you won't be able to access your harddrive.
Also, the culprit is not Dell. It's the maker(s) of the pesky application you are trying to remove ;-)
Steve

Reaction score

Mike

Yes, unfortunately Avast has gotten that bloated that its becoming very annoying and taxing on a system but, there is an "Avast Uninstall" tool that you can use and uninstall Avast completely off your system, see it here: https://www.techsupportall.com/avast-uninstall-tool/

Ask a Question