How to over-ride Windows printer settings

Reaction score
New to Windows 10, trying to print pictures. Windows offers a limited choice of settings but I want to access the ones provided by my printer. How do I access my printer from the Windows print screen?

Reaction score
Hi Grandad999,

make and model of your printer would help people determine your next course of action!. ;)

Reaction score
Open Control Panel > Devices and Printers and look for your printer there, make sure it is the default printer (should have a green/white tick beside it) then right click the icon and look at properties. :)

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie but in Windows 7 I could access the printer settings from the Windows Print screen. A bit long winded having to go back through the Settings menu each time I want to make an alteration for a specific print.

Reaction score
printing picture from where? which is your picture app/program you want to print from??

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie but in Windows 7 I could access the printer settings from the Windows Print screen. A bit long winded having to go back through the Settings menu each time I want to make an alteration for a specific print.
Hi Grandad999,

Win 10 has a few quirks so you may want to first learn how your printer is set up although the Control Panel is the same in Win 10 as it was in Win 7. :)

Reaction score
device manager - printers - properties - preferences - then select what you want... - double side/flip- long or short then you can change
dark or light or portrait or landscape and dpi
1581363325888.png

Ask a Question