SOLVED How to get rid of One drive?

Reaction score
Have reclaimed a hell of a lot of disk space on drive C.
However no progress in eliminating this cursed entry. It is still on the File Explorer menu.
Took a fresh screen

Reaction score
Hi Dave,
I had no idea how to look up stuff in registry, done that only visually in Software subs.
Could have saved some time if I knew how to use the "Find" stuff in regedit.
I gave up taking screen shots after 40 entries for OneDrive just in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
This One Drive is so entrenched to mine documents and pictures it is almost criminal. Pure registry cancer.
Now I want to know if is OK to delete every key associated with OneDrive.
Thank you

Reaction score
I am afraid it is getting beyond help from me. I think you need somone closer who can give some hands on help

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dave, thank you for your help. Very much appreciate it.
It is all a learning experience for me, never thought I will have to go this deep.
Yes, I have run the Dick cleaner - mentioned above.
Took over 3 hours and I got pretty fast computer. Took this long to get rid off all Microsoft updates.
But all cleaned out OK, PC starts in 54 sec, and I gave finally gained a lots of space on drive C.
So it was not a waste
Simply it blew me away to see the extent of this program. I have found the entry
If you do have Windows 10 then you can fire up yours regedit and just drop down menu, select the Find OneDrive and after first entry just press Find next.
No need to do anything but it will open your eyes about this program.
Again thanks.
Tony

here is one entry I may delete - will rename it first - to see it that is at the root of the problem.

Reaction score
Not even "Find next" just press F3
And, I agree. I would delete that entry. Again, export the entry before you do that - just in case!

Reaction score
Not even "Find next" just press F3
And, I agree. I would delete that entry. Again, export the entry before you do that - just in case!
Deleted this key - rebooted. No change. Still on the File Explorer list.

Reaction score
Ok. I have done some googling. A kind person has prepared a reg hack for general use. This will remove the file manger entry from both 64 and 32 bit installations. Select your choice!- you will see four files in the "zip" If you are not sure if you have 32 or 64 bit, it will do no harm to run both. I would suggest, however, that you try the 64 offer first - I think that will be enough.

Attachments

• Hide-OneDrive-From-File-Explorer.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 200
Reaction score
only difference I see is that I lost my avatar in this forum. How is that connected?
Ok. I have done some googling. A kind person has prepared a reg hack for general use. This will remove the file manger entry from both 64 and 32 bit installations. Select your choice!- you will see four files in the "zip" If you are not sure if you have 32 or 64 bit, it will do no harm to run both. I would suggest, however, that you try the 64 offer first - I think that will be enough.
Hack:
Thanks Dave
have unzipped and run both 64 and 32 bit ones. No change.
Attached the same screen shot. The pop up is when left clicked on the OneDrive.
You cant remove the object when it is not physically there.
However why are there over 40 entries plus in the registry associated directly and indirectly with OneDrive that does not exists?
Need a Mother of all hacks to cover that one

Reaction score
Have a look at this site(very reliable) with all he possibly solutions. I can offer no more

Reaction score
Have a look at this site(very reliable) with all he possibly solutions. I can offer no more
Hi Dave,
thank you for all your help. Not sure what capacity you are with Microsoft, but see that you do not want to touch this issue openly.
You are off the hook.
I realized that this is a much larger problem than nobody but a Windows 10 programmer can undo.
One Drive is this OS 4 stage cancer infectying the registry completely on every level. Found over hundred entries, it is totally built into this OS. OneDrive,or skyDrive or Cloud Sorage - very good so called FREE carrots. Beware and give all your information freely away.
Reminds me of Terminator SkyNet.

I am closing this tread UNSOLVED.

Ask a Question