How to Identify Active window

Reaction score
Hello,
On a Desktop environment, is there a way to make the title bar of the active window a different color so that it is easily identified.
I use two large 4K monitors and can have several windows open; with the current scheme it is very difficult to tell which window is active.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike B.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
If you open a few applications....and look down in the taskbar...you'll see a white border at the bottom of the icon signifying that's it's active.

Screenshot (1).png

Reaction score
If you open a few applications....and look down in the taskbar...you'll see a white border at the bottom of the icon signifying that's it's active.

View attachment 481

Thanks for your reply, I guess I did not phrase my question properly, I'd like to be able to look at my screens and be able to tell which of the open apps/ windows currently has focus. With multiple Hi-Res monitors and multiple apps open, it is very difficult to see that thin 1 pixel border around the app which has focus. For the Desktop folks it would be nice to be able to customize the border of Apps.

Mike B.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm a multiple monitor user my self....I see what you mean. I agree, I think that option would be a nice feature.

Reaction score
I'm a multiple monitor user my self....I see what you mean. I agree, I think that option would be a nice feature.
Previous versions of windows, including windows8.1 had allow the color and size of the title bar for the window that currently has focus to be configured. MS should have kept this feature.

Reaction score
I think Winaero site has a free tweaker,
that can make the top bar with color again.
May not work in all themes.
I'm sure will get updated to work better.

Ask a Question