How to organize All Apps in the Start button menu?

Reaction score
In Windows 7, I organize my apps into folders, like this:
upload_2015-7-29_20-11-1.png

I don't see any method to organize the All Apps menu in the Windows 10 Start button. Am I truly stuck with a totally useless alphabetical order for my apps? Do I REALLY need to know what letter my apps start with?

Reaction score
you can resize the start menu by clicking and dragging the edges. App columns you have 3 max. you can drag you programs/apps you use and drop them in one of the boxes.

I was looking for a earlier discussion on this to link but i sadly do not remember the name or which category it was in but i did look for it. you can also google or you tube in how to do this as well.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Or....and I say or tentatively, you can use a 3rd party software like Classic Shell or Start10 to give you that old start menu look and fell. Both are in BETA's right now.....and I'm trying out Stardock's Start10.....shhhhh don't tell anyone!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
It would be great if there could be an "all apps", and "all programs" entry.
I'm sure MS could give a bit more of the old start menu, to please everyone.

Reaction score
You cannot edit aspects of the "All Apps" list, nor can you remove the letter headers (A, B, C, etc.) to save space. Existing Windows 7 folders are automatically flattened and rearranged into non-obvious folders by default (I had 7zip installed, and it was moved into a Utilities folder under "U" with no notification to me that it was moved). The new way to organize the Start Window (it's not really a Menu anymore; menus are lists, which this certainly isn't) is to pin your favorite items to the non-removable right-side as "Live Tiles". These can be organized into groups, rearranged, and removed at will.

Likewise, "Run" is not an option on the Start Window, and "Search" has been moved to the Task Bar. While it can be hidden, it cannot be moved back into the Start Window.

Reaction score
Would you Haplo, or anybody happen to know what one of those fake shell folders is,
that could work as a toolbar menu, on the taskbar?, to work in Windows 10?
In Win8.1, I was using a "programs"folder (.{7BE9D83C-A729-4D97-B5A7-1B7313C39E0A})
It would combine the single and all users together for a programs menu.
Now after upgrading to Windows 10, that same toolbar menu, combines the apps and programs into a big mess.
If 3rd party start menus for Windows 10 can still separate the apps, and programs,
there must be another new shell folder location?
An even better idea.
I was thinking, if I got that, and made a pinned shortcut to it, in Windows10 start menu,
Life would be very good, indeed.

Ask a Question