COM+ Failed, Errors in System Logs, Errors Accessing COM+ Apps.

Reaction score
My COM+ is not working. As you can see below there is a red arrow beside it. When I access it I get an error message. I was trying to track down what was causing slowness on my new hardware and found lots of errors in the system event log indicating applications didn't have permission to launch locally. That lead me to my COM+ issue.

Many fixes about this issue point to the firewall and/or user account used to launch MSDTC but these are not the issue. Even with the firewall turned off it fails and the user account is the correct one.

I've run SFC and the scan comes up clean. I've been searching for weeks to a solution but can't find one that works.

Windows 10, version 1803 with the latest patches.

upload_2018-9-1_11-2-6.png

upload_2018-9-1_11-2-31.png

upload_2018-9-1_11-3-0.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
@Regedit32 wrote about this error extensively here
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/event-id-10016-distributedcom.47/

I worked through his solution and can confirm that it does work to resolve these issues, but.....
Found that the very next upgrade returned the errors, so now I just ignore them.

So you can take the time now to work through the solution and then sometime in October when the current Insider Preview (1809) goes public they'll likely return.

Reaction score
Yes, it was following that article that lead me to my COM+ being down entirely. I cannot get to the permissions because of the error pictured above.

Ask a Question