Failed e-mails

Reaction score
Since a recent Microsoft update I have been unable to attach or forward photos via e-mail either Windows Live mail or g-mail. The photos are c45MB so should be acceptable. Any ideas please?

Reaction score
I cannot remember the settings for Live Mail - Long time since I used it.
But. Mail. Try this:
Click the cogwheel down on the bottom left and scroll down to "Message list".
Scroll to the bottom of the mnext window. There you will see items concerning pictures.
Make sure both are "On".

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
45MB is rather large for an e-mail. If Dave's suggestion doesn't work, can you try attaching a single photo (ideally under 4MB) and see if that works?

At which point does the problem happen? Can you compose an e-mail with the photos attached, but it fails to send - or does it just not allow you to attach anything to the message? Are there any error messages at all?

Reaction score
Good point. I had not even noticed the size. That would just about cover a wall of my kitchen!
But maybe that is the op's whole collection, not just one picture?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, it's better for large attachments to put them on something like DropBox then send a link to it.

Reaction score
Some email provider limit the file size to a max of 10MB, at least Centurylink does that. I just tried it with Outlook.com and that did not work either...

Ask a Question