W10 Compaq Presario CQ61 failed

Reaction score
While running it went off.

Tried all possible ways found on the net & used the W10 Recovery USB of my PC but none of the options makes it work.

It seem it suffered a catastrophic failure.

Any ideas to get it going?, it is 15yrs old. ..............thanks ...........nick

Reaction score
I was going to ask how old it was!

Does it do anything? Boot into Bios? Try to boot further and fail? Any lights on?

Reaction score
Thanx,

On start it goes to the sign in colourful page but my password is not accepted. I used the same on my W10 PC , which works fine.

The Recovery USB gave all sort of options but always ends up booting the same.

l also used my installation W10 USB & the W8 cd to no avail.

Yes it went in to BIOS after a lot of searching how to make it boot in the Recovery USB.

Before all these it was overheating & I change the jamed up fan, which made it work fine for a month or so before it died. .............nick

Last edited:
Reaction score
Could it be that the computer is asking for a password to a Microsoft account instead of a Local account? Or vise versa if you use a MS account and the computer is now asking for the password for a Local account.

Reaction score
I thought I was using Local account, but was confused at times when I was asked for MS one.

How can I find if it was MS one? What is the difference between them? ....nick

Ask a Question