Can favorites be organized in Edge?

Reaction score
I wonder more and more about the purpose of Edge when it lacks so many capabilities IE and other browsers have. Surely not just to be able to make webnotes, which is pretty awesome, but.........

I can't find a way to organize favorites in Edge. Is there a way?

Reaction score
Only way I know of is to drag and drop them to the desired order, no other way I'm aware of at the moment.

Reaction score
I wonder more and more about the purpose of Edge when it lacks so many capabilities IE and other browsers have. Surely not just to be able to make webnotes, which is pretty awesome, but.........

I can't find a way to organize favorites in Edge. Is there a way?
It seems that favorites in Edge are by default in Alpha numeric order. One of the things I've done is to right click a bookmark and rename it with a number in front of the bookmarks name like renaming: Microsoft to 1A Microsoft. Sense it will list the numbered bookmarks in order first. Hope this helps, it just a work around for now, but it puts my most used bookmarks to the top of the favorites list.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
The only way I found to organize my favorites is by using the "HUB"...those 3 lines looking thing. Click that, select favorites to open your favorites folder and then open "EACH" folder "ONE" at a time to drag your links (url's) around how you like. It's a big PITA but it works.

This is a big peeve of mine from MS with IE and Edge....MS should take a page from Firefox and Chrome browsers play book on how to add/manage the bookmark/Favorites bar.

Reaction score
I did do the same as BassFisher, originally, but this does not alter the alphabetical order when selecting from the favourites bar. I guess it is old habits, but that is where I need the facility.

I have no idea how Creaky is managing it in the favourites bar. A screenshot would, perhaps, show something?

This is what I am experiencing. The second picture is as Bass and I have tried. The first picture is in the Favourites Bar. As you can see - no change.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
this does not alter the alphabetical order when selecting from the favourites bar

It does for me....I have a windows 10 folder with 2 forums in it and of course it's alphabetical. Going old school with the HUB, I switched the 2 order, closed the HUB and checked the Favorites bar "windows 10" folder. Yes....it showed the move. Now in the previous versions of 10 before the RTM, it wouldn't reflect the changes made in the HUB as you stated. Now it does...for me at-least and this is a clean install using a retail key.

Reaction score
Weird. I have retried it. Changed the order in one of my busier folders (with the Hub, ). Still no change in the favourites bar, even after a restart.

Reaction score
Ok I got there in the end.

My "Favourites" folders were all imported from IE. There was no way I could change the alphabetical order of the folders or their contents.
I deleted the whole lot and, oddly, they were all still in the Hub.
So I pasted each folder manually into the Hub Favourites bar. I found then that they were, folders and contents, in fact, already in the same order as I had arranged them in IE - no further work needed.

Ask a Question