Show icons in Edge favorites

Reaction score
I select al Favorites Bar icons to show "only icons" , but since the latest update[1803] yesterday, I find that the "full " icons return and I have to do each one again.
Has anyone else had this problem?
How do I make sure that remains permanently showing only icons?
Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yesterdays release was not actually an "update" …. It was more an "Upgrade" from one version of Windows 10 to a new Version of Windows 10.
More along the line of upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, so....
I'm not sure that you can do anything to prevent what you are describing with the Edge favorites bar.
I suspect that along with a new version of Windows 10, it included a new version of Edge
OR
At least it is behaving like a new version.
Microsoft is becoming notorious for resetting various program properties and preferences to default settings when Upgrades are applied.
Even in some instances certain regular updates seem to blast some program settings. At least we've seen a fair amount of complaints as to that having happened.

Reaction score
Hi Julsie.

If they are the principal links, then you can right click and select "Show icons only" Bu, it doesn't do it for subfolders/bookmarks.
I prefer to see the names, having a poor memory for all the little pictures, but I have not noticed that they return, once set?

Ask a Question