How to remove Edge Chromium?

Reaction score
I just ran CCleaner and noticed that I had Edge Chromium installed? I don't know how it got into my system? I'm using Firefox Browser V: 93 64bit as default. I went to program and features to remove it but it only allows for another download of Edge Chromium? Do I have to have this program?

Reaction score
I believe there are hacks to remove it. Cant say whether they are 100% successful, though. It is built in to The OS
But why bother, just make sure Firefox is your default and ignore it

Reaction score
Open start menu and right click on it and go to more and open file location then right click the microsoft edge icon and click open file location then delete everything in the folder it takes you to
Screenshot 2021-10-14 080356.png
Screenshot 2021-10-14 080747.png
Screenshot 2021-10-14 080914.png

Reaction score
And do be aware that many 'customizations' will be removed or defaults returned with each twice-yearly Version Upgrades, included apps that have been removed can return. I agree, leave it and use Firefox. Some features of Windows that required Internet Explorer will now use Edge since IE is unsupported and will be gone, probably why Edge has an IE Mode link in it.

Reaction score
Further to Bighorns good advice. Removing it from the program files folder, disables its abilitynto run normally for user use. It is still integrated in the apps container and will, when “roused” still open.
I would suggest you move the folder into a temp place - just in case:cool:

Reaction score
As bighorn and Dave said it is probably a good idea to leave it but if you do decide to remove it ,which is not recommended, you can click here. I have not tested it so i do not know if it will work But you should listen to Bighorn and Dave's advice unless you are low on storage you should not touch it.

Reaction score
I realize now why this OS was free? Although I would rather pay for it and have some control over it! Ah well, I will leave it as it is, albeit reluctantly. Thanks for the usual good advice fellas, it's appreciated.

Ask a Question