HP and their Extreme Support

Reaction score
I have an HP Printer that the only way I could get it to connect "Wirelessly" was to download the 8.1 x64 drivers. I Now got a "Notice" that the Certificate was out of date!
I have an HP Laptop that you have to "WATCH"! If it goes to sleep or hibernates, a restart is required. So, I have them all turned off and so I have to keep the POWER CORD connected and I worry that we may one day forget about it and get the house burned down!
As usual, HP can't help me with the problem the Laptop won't power off by the Windows Software, but each time it must be shut down, you must hold the power button down until it shuts down!
HP is another of those companies that depend on "THE COMMUNITY"-people like you for support!
Thank God for People like you who devote so much to help others. I have already so many Password and Sites to remember that I won't join another! Neither will I buy another HP ANYTHING!

Reaction score
Windows 10 up for bat! It's second OUT in the ninth, but Windows 10 knocked it out of the park! They used my old installation of Windows 10 drivers and setup, created a new name for the printer, and almost without effort scored a vital point with me. The Wireless printer, when the latest Windows 10 drivers are installed, will now allow Windows to "install a Printer"! You won't recognize the Model but let that slide. Don't set ANY PRINTER as DEFAULT!
Windows will use the "new" printer and have you connected in one step. The "Step" is that you must connect the Printer by USB, give Windows a minute and you will be connected and can print. Will you have all the All-In-One features? No, but you can print! Thanks, Windows 10!

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
I have an HP Printer and mine went in ok! HP even updated the printer drivers and it works as good as gold on wireless. but maybe that is because I have an HP laptop as well. have you tried the printer trouble shooter that you can install and use.

Reaction score
In addition to the desktop, I have a Microsoft Surface 4. The printer is an HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 (wireless). I don't have any complaints and I do a lot of printing. If the printer gets unplugged, it is accidental.

Ask a Question