HP printer driver unavailable

Reaction score
I have two laptops and one wireless HP Envy 4504 printer. The printer works fine with one laptop. With the other - Lenovo it says "driver is unavailable". I've uninstalled, installed, re-started, downloaded drivers from the HP website and got as far as connect, but nothing happens. The laptop used to work fine with the printer and when the problem began it said "printer ready" and then didn't print. Help.

Reaction score
The printer is connected Wifi to your router?

If so can you connect to the printers website from both laptops?

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Yes, the printer and both laptops share the same wifi. I can connect to the HP website, I can download the drivers, but I can't connect one of the laptops to the printer...

Reaction score
Have you checked in the settings - Network and Internet and looked to see if the permissions/sharing have not been changed?

Reaction score
I also encountered a driver problem on my brother printer. I was running brother DCP- L2520D for a long time. It was working fine, but yesterday, I noticed, I was unable to open my printer because brother printer stuck in sleep mode due to driver issue. I tried to download the new version of my driver but I could not understand which one will be better for my printer.

Last edited by a moderator:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I wasn't serious.....just joking.

I'm guilty of doing the exact same thing. i see a post and add my 2 cents, not paying attention to the dates of prior posts. Until it has been pointed out. I've also been the one to point it out. Most of the time I just let it ride.

Ask a Question