SOLVED Epson Printer XP412 Driver Access Denied after Win 10 update

Reaction score
My PC upgraded to Win 10 Creator Edition (64bit) last night and now the printer won't function. Win 10 tells me I have a driver problem with the Epson but when I try to refresh the driver and/or re-install the printer I get an "access denied" error. It's connected by Wifi and is recognised by the network. The integrated scanner and software works fine. Any ideas folks?

EG

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Earl,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you are using Windows 10 Professional, you might want to double check your GPOs:

Computer Configuration > Policies > Admin Templates > Printers > Point and Print Restrictions

User Configuration > Policies > Admin Templates > Control Panel > Printers > Point and Print Restrictions

If these have been altered, it can create the symptoms you are describing.

Reaction score
Hi Earl,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you are using Windows 10 Professional, you might want to double check your GPOs:

Computer Configuration > Policies > Admin Templates > Printers > Point and Print Restrictions

User Configuration > Policies > Admin Templates > Control Panel > Printers > Point and Print Restrictions

If these have been altered, it can create the symptoms you are describing.

Thanks for your reply. I am actually using Windows 10 Home Edition. In the end I contacted Microsoft Tech support and after about an hour trying various things he concluded a file must have been corrupted in the update and did a re-install. Everything is now OK!

Ask a Question