SOLVED Epson Stylus Photo R200 Printer not printing

Reaction score
Hi I have just upgraded to windows 10 and have managed to get the printer recognised and the print screen comes up I can change the preferences but it will not print. Can anyone out there help me solve this problem - I do have a second epson printer P50 which is working well but I prefer my old R200 for my cardmaking. I have limited knowledge of programmes so need simple instructions. I have read another thread and it says to remove printer and re-install I have tried this but it still doesn't work and I think I may have two copies of the driver installed.

In the Device window it shows error under the printer but I don't know what that means.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
As a result of your having upgraded from your previous version of Windows to Windows 10, your computer may still be trying to use the old drivers and associated software package from Epson from your previous installation.
I have read another thread and it says to remove printer and re-install I have tried this but it still doesn't work
Depending on what you have done previously to "remove" the printer, it may also require that you also completely remove any associated software related to that Epson Printer.
Check Control Panel Programs and Features and see if there is associated software.
Check Device Manager and make sure that there is no reference to the Epson Printer (any Epson Printer including the other one that you say does work remove them both). Use the "View" menu to "Show hidden devices" to make sure everything "Epson" is gone.
Make sure that you physically disconnect the printer from the USB port on your computer.
Shut down and restart your computer before proceeding.
According to this
Description:
Windows 10 drivers for this product are installed automatically when you power-on and connect your printer to your Windows 10 computer.
SOURCE: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...37368464&infoType=Downloads&platform=nodetect
Epson is saying in effect that, Windows 10 has native driver support for that particular product and they do not provide drivers for it.
AND in fact, that would seem to be the case http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=Epson Stylus Photo R200
The slightly larger of the two being 64 bit and the smaller 32 bit.

Basically the idea is to get rid of any and all current software and drivers on your computer associated with Epson.
Reboot your computer.
Power the printer on, make sure it is free from any error state, plug it back into the USB port on your computer and let......
Windows Update install the driver it needs. Just run Windows Update manually if needed but it should do it, itself automatically if you wait a while for the found new hardware wizard to complete.

Reaction score
Thank you Trouble. does that mean I must remove my scanner also an espsom driver as well - that is what I presume but am unsure. I will be doing all this in a few days as I have to read your instruction a few times to understand fully what I have to do.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
I would remove everything including Scanner being that is Epsom as well

Reaction score
Thanks should I also remove the P50 and Scanner download from my computer and start completely fresh. As I said I am not completely confident but will have a go! Being an anxious senior citzen

Reaction score
Hi again - I am trying to remove everything and I thought I had but have found some files in the Local Disk (C) Start Menue, Progams and don't know how to remove those, do I just delete them?

After I thought I had removed everything and started afresh I go this message
Printer Message.jpg

and then this one
Error message.jpg

Then it tells me the to check the printer connection which I have done - I can't understand how it shows the printer page if not connected.

Any ideas

Printer Message.jpg Error message.jpg

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
Hi yes I do from there as well as that can become corrupted just press delete if it does not seem to go just hover over the file and a little box may appear are you sure just confirm yes and it will remove the file completely.
What I normally do after that is do a restart then start putting in your printer and everything Epsom again.
Make sure all leads are removed then reconnect the cable
If you have a disc run that first as it may tell you when to connect printer to computer.

Reaction score
Thanks it looks like I am in for a long afternoon but will keep on trying - I am very grateful for all your help - fingers crossed

Reaction score
I don't know how but windows did an update and now my printer is working yipee thanks for all you help one very happy lady

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
I don't know how but windows did an update and now my printer is working yipee thanks for all you help one very happy lady

Ok as long as everything good then that is all that matters
Any time you need help someone will in time get to you

Reaction score
Great. Had the same problem, followed your advice, thanks hTconeM9user. Worth mentioning, once downloaded the driver, instead of windows update, had to update in Control Panel - Device Manager - Printers (Epson Stylus Photo R200 (M) had re-appeared), right click and click 'update driver software'. Brilliant

Reaction score
I am glad this has helped you too, before upgrading I used SSC Service Utility to reset my counter on my printer Epson R200 but am now unable to do so, I don't know if anyone else has this problem and has any idea how to get this working again. I tried contact SSC but to no avail.

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
Great. Had the same problem, followed your advice, thanks hTconeM9user. Worth mentioning, once downloaded the driver, instead of windows update, had to update in Control Panel - Device Manager - Printers (Epson Stylus Photo R200 (M) had re-appeared), right click and click 'update driver software'. Brilliant
Glad was able to help and every thing good

Ask a Question