SOLVED Printer driver unavailable after Windows 10, 511 5086 upgrade

Reaction score
When I go to printer settings it list my HP J4580 Office jet all in one printer then underneath it says driver unavailable. Printer doesn't work and it did before the upgrade.

Reaction score
I would go to device manager and if the printer is there then search for drivers. It may just find and re-install the old driver. Or You could remove the printer altogether and do a full install of it from HP's original media ( or uptodate full install media from their web site)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
From my experience with W10 and HP printers IF you do a new install it helps to remove every vestige of the printer first. The printer itself and then go to'uninstall a program' and get rid of all the odd bits from HP like 'shop for supplies ' and so on. And of course reboot before re-installing!

Reaction score
I installed all the printer software and drivers from HP and windows 10 still says driver unavailable. If I uninstall the printer can I reinstall it from HP. I can't find a disc, if it had one, for this printer

Reaction score
Thanks Tim, a complete uninstall and re install worked. When I reinstalled it used the new software and drivers. Another windows 10 problem solved.

Ask a Question