SOLVED HP Probook 440 G4, NMI Ha

Reaction score
Please, I need help with following issues. I will first provide Notebook information and then, at the end, please find description of issues. Thanks for your help:

Notebook: HPProbook 440 G4
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)

Issues with:

No new hardware installed.
Windows 10 Pro, updated.
Bios, updated.
Drivers, updated

HP diagnostic tool reports NO issues.

Symptoms:

Random blue screen with error: NMI Hardware Failure.

Additionally, I observe the following:

If notebook is turned off with AC Adapter connected, then notebook does not turn on with normal clicks on power button and requires to press power button permanently some extra time, 10-15 seconds, indicators led on and then with normal click it is possible to turn on normally. If notebook is turned off working on battery, then no problem to turn on, with a normal click on power button.

As per friend recommendation, we use a new RAM and same issues were present.

Reaction score
Have you managed to solve the issue? I am facing the same exact issue, I had to switch to Linux.

On Linux I have no crashes but the "If notebook is turned off with AC Adapter connected, then notebook does not turn on with normal clicks on power button and requires to press power button permanently some extra time, 10-15 seconds, indicators led on and then with normal click it is possible to turn on normally. If notebook is turned off working on battery, then no problem to turn on, with a normal click on power button." issue still persists.

Ask a Question