HP Win10 computer trouble

Reaction score
I have an HP Win10 desktop and it's the worst computer I've ever had. It's about 4 yrs old.
It's always been slow, I constantly have to find fixes for things (sound didn't work, microphone didn't work, etc etc)
The latest problem is that suddenly the windows store is gone. Can't reset it, it literally isn't there. So I lost functionality of a couple of items I bought through it. I've tried every fix, nothing works.
Apparently you can't just re-download it!!!
Anyway I want to get a new computer, but not sure which would be the best choice for me.
I'm an author so have office 2016 installed.
I also create my own graphics and have the Affinity programs (similar to Photoshop) and store a lot of graphics with layers (book covers, promos, etc.)
Need videos on the net (youtube, classes) to run without issues.
Would also like a computer with a voice to text that actually works for dictation capabilities.
I don't want a bunch of bloaterware on it.
Not a gamer (though I used to be):)
Any suggestion for a computer for me? I'm not a computer tech, I'm an author.
Thanks ❤️

Reaction score
Find someone you know that is familiar with PC,s and build one. It's not that hard and it's far better than a mass produced one. They are more money but with individual components you can easily repair. I built mine 13 years ago and it smokes the newer PC's where I work.

Ask a Question