Html Default Viewer

Reaction score
Since a big up-date I did last week, pictures in Facebook such as private messages and links for pages, newspaper articles et al in emails are opening as HTML which I do not want!
I would prefer them to open like they did before in Jasc PaintShopPro

I have uploaded screenprints to show you. I am unable to find anywhere to change the default viewer. I have tried changing it through Control Panel

Image12.jpg HTML opening pictures in PMs and email links

Image1.jpg Jasc PaintshopPro

2016-10-08 (4).png When clicking on the picture in this, the dog pic opens in HTML 2016-10-08 (5).png

Also need the pictures from PMs on Facebook to open like this with the comments down the side which they aren't
in HTML

Reaction score
Go to Settings, System, Default Apps. At the bottom of the page there are links to set the default program by file type or by protocol.

Click on file type and make sure that JPG, GIF, etc. are all set to what you want.

Reaction score
I had already done this when I checked to follow your instructions but things are still the same.

Reaction score
I misunderstood. Those settings are only for pictures and links that you access through the System. If you are in Facebook and click on a photo, the photo should come up in Facebook's viewer. Then you would see the list of comments on the side. This is the default behavior for both the Facebook App and for accessing Facebook through a browser.

You should have been upgraded with the newest Facebook app, but check to see. Maybe if you uninstall it and reinstall it, it would be fine.

For the browser, go back to the Control Panel, but this time click on the 'Set Default by App. Go down to the list and click on Facebook. Check that all the defaults are for Facebook.

Here's what it should look like.
Screenshot (23).png

Reaction score
I misunderstood. Those settings are only for pictures and links that you access through the System. If you are in Facebook and click on a photo, the photo should come up in Facebook's viewer. Then you would see the list of comments on the side. This is the default behavior for both the Facebook App and for accessing Facebook through a browser.

You should have been upgraded with the newest Facebook app, but check to see. Maybe if you uninstall it and reinstall it, it would be fine.

For the browser, go back to the Control Panel, but this time click on the 'Set Default by App. Go down to the list and click on Facebook. Check that all the defaults are for Facebook.

Here's what it should look like.View attachment 4177

Thank you so much for your answer, I will try that later. I was thinking
that if uninstalling Facebook and reinstalling might help.

I will let you know

Thanks

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your answer, I will try that later. I was thinking
that if uninstalling Facebook and reinstalling might help.

I will let you know

Thanks
You must think of me being 'thick' as I cannot find Facebook anywhere in the lists of protocols, etensions, default programs et al....

It's doing my head in at the moment.... I have to take the laptop back to the store I bought it from as it has a card reader that doesn't work - well and truly broken as it destroys any card put in it. So hopefully they might be able to sort this HTML problem out at the same time. I don't know whether laptop will be replaced or a new card reader put in.

Thank you for helping me.

Ask a Question