HTML/Phish.EQ

Reaction score
Not sure what to tell you, short of involving an expert in this type of matter I'm not sure what else I could suggest.
There are forums that semi-specialize in these things, like Bleeping Computer. They have some excellent folks over there who are definitely experts at beating up on malware.
You might give them a try and see if they can be of more help. I really wish I could help you further but we aren't really that type of forum and have a more broader and general focus and you need some targeted specific help that I simply cannot provide and I would really like to see you get it.
For some reason I think that I don't have that virus otherwise System Mechanic wouldn't be blocking the attempts and quarantining the infected file before it's placed on my computer. Course I could be wrong too, but since I went through all the steps you gave links for and there was nothing there, it just doesn't compute. Plus, the fact that the only time System Mechanic "Alerts" to that specific file and sending it to quarantine is when I go to gmail.com.

I'm still waiting for a reply from tech support at Iolo about the constant alerts for the gmail.com website.

Again, I really appreciate your help and advice. Thank you for taking the time.

Ask a Question