SOLVED I can't get updates

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 last December and since then I have received no updates. the update history says "no updates have been installed yet". I have set the computer to install updates automatically but nothing downloads. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Reaction score
I have had 11 updates since the 1511 in November ( not including the daily Defender ones) upto and including KB3140743. Once you do start getting updates I think you will just get 3140743 as that is a cumulative update

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Andrew and welcome to the forum.
Can you tell us which version of Windows 10 you are currently running.
Right click the start button and choose Run and in the run dialog box type
winver
hit enter or click OK.
An update in December doesn't necessarily mean that you received 1511 10586, if your machine downloaded the update files locally prior to the November update being published.

You should see something like this
Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Hello Andrew and welcome to the forum.
Can you tell us which version of Windows 10 you are currently running.
Right click the start button and choose Run and in the run dialog box type
winver
hit enter or click OK.
An update in December doesn't necessarily mean that you received 1511 10586, if your machine downloaded the update files locally prior to the November update being published.

You should see something like this
View attachment 2515

Reaction score
Thanks very much for your replies. Having posted my query I realised that as well as not getting updates I wasn't able to download apps either. So I decided to go for a reset and everything now seems tickety-boo. Updates have arrived and I can get apps. The version of Windows 10 I am running is 1511 (OS Build 10586.122). The last update received is
KB3140743. So all's good but thanks for your helpful replies.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up info.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question