I can't minimize or resize some windows

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Nikilet

Nikilet

I can't minimize or resize "some" windows and this seems to have started after the August 10th updates, which included the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511.

I Googled this and found information that this would happen if the computer is running in tablet mode, turning this off seemed to have helped quite a few, but it must not be the answer in my case because mine was not running in tablet mode.

So far as I can tell right now, it seems to affect my Emsisoft Antimalware and Malwarebytes. Emsisoft I can not minimize or resize. Malwarebytes I can minimize but not resize. It seems strange that it would only affect these two programs but at this point those are the only ones I've found.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Nikilet, Aug 18, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Nikilet

Regedit32 Moderator

If you right-click on the application's icon you normally click to open MalwareBytes or Emisoft, then choose Properties, then click the Shortcut tab are you able there to choose one of the three options in the Run box which is Normal, Minimized or Maximized?

If you choose Maximized, then close, then repeat but choose Normal and close; it may reset things.

Regedit32, Aug 18, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Nikilet

Nikilet

I tried this. I am now able to minimize (to the taskbar) Emsisoft, but I still can't resize the window using the arrows. The arrows appear when I hover near the edge, but the window won't move. This program opens really large, almost completely fills my 20" flat screen. It does help that now I can at least minimize to task bar but wish I could make it smaller.

On Malwarebytes, it didn't have any effect. That one I could already minimize to task bar but couldn't resize. However, that one doesn't open in quite as large a window as the other. Very puzzling.

Nikilet, Aug 18, 2016
    1. Advertisements