I can't shring my page by clicking onto the little box.

BML

Reaction score
I want to work with two Word documents open to check paragraph headings against each other but whatever I do I finish up with the setup below. If I press the X it disappears, if I press the W it opens but if I press the Box the page disappears into the top left hand corner of the desk top. If I click onto it "Restore" at the top of the block is in grey. Could anyone please tell me how to get it back to normal. Many thanks.
upload_2017-3-7_11-6-44.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Typically when I'm working on two word documents side by side for comparison, I use the Windows logo key + the left (and or) right arrow keys on my keyboard to "snap" the two documents so that each document takes half the monitor

BML

Reaction score
Many thanks for your suggestions.
I did not try the Reimage suggestion which appears to have disappeared because the last time I was offered that I went through a rigmarole which ended by a request for a payment.
I did try the Windows Logo plus right or left arrow key and it worked a treat so thank you Noob Whisperer. I would like to know why this change suddenly occurred because I feel that I have lost control.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What version of Word do you have? Is it a stand alone software or part of a MS Office Suite? I only ask; as sometimes for what ever reason the software becomes corrupt or missing some critical files and needs to be repaired or reinstalled.

BML

Reaction score
I use Microsoft 10 and this change suddenly just happened but I will ask my computer person to look into it.

Ask a Question