I have been plagued for the last few yyears with drives dissappearing and I have 8 dead new HDDS on my desk Why? Well its simple

Reaction score
I have been plagued for the last few yyears with drives dissappearing and I have 8 dead new HDDS on my desk Why?

Well its simple

ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 R2.0 Motherboard an 8 sata drive motherboard and ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 a 6 sata drive Motherboard have similar names and so idiot didn't see this. to fix the problem 22h2 has with This MB just download the drivers for the ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 R2.0 and install the asmedia sata3 (v2.0.8) drivers then do a complete shut doun for each harddrive you need to install as it only installs one hdd each shut down and reboot do not try to just restart your computer as this won't install your older drivers that you need to drive this acient but awsome MB. Also if your ram slots are full on this board you must set the ram timing dow one notch from full 2 ram sticks will run at full but 4 wont. and you'll only get the microsoft emblem every time you try to start it. Please pay more attention to detail infuture microsoft. How did I find this I watch a tech support persom go for the wrong MB on the list of drivers and the penny dropped similar name but totally different drivers hope my computer keeps running awsome now and you owe me a heap of HDDS Microsoft as every time my drives dropped out they got fries as they were not hot swappable with the sata3 leads. and also the settings on those internal drives were fixed so every time a drive bleeped it was getting fried.

Reaction score
Didn't see an actual question but will say this site is not directly associated with Microsoft and we never know if anyone from Microsoft actually visits or see such posts. Nearly all of us are volunteers hoping to help others with problems. I'd class this as a Rant and suggest using the Feedback Hub to send to Microsoft.

Reaction score
Sorry, first line was off-screen and I missed it.
I have been plagued for the last few yyears with drives dissappearing and I have 8 dead new HDDS on my desk Why?
If your drives are dead were they still under warranty and did you notify the manufacturer? If experiencing 2 or more dead drives that were connected to the same motherboard it could be assumed the motherboard has a defect and is causing the issue. In more than 25 years and most versions of Windows I've had maybe 6 drives actually fail. I've used drives from Conner, Maxtor, Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba and Hitachi/IBM. Many failures of HDDs are not the spinning disks but the read/write arms on the voice-coil relay or the printed-circuit board on the drive.

Ask a Question