SOLVED Latest update or upgrade from 22h2 has been running since 4'30am its now 6.30pm

Reaction score
I am at a bit of a loss without my computer I haven't a clue how to stop the thing this is a bit of a joke starting without my permission just as I about to go to bed. Have micrsoft no compassion I'm a carer 24/7 I don't need this shit. I want my computer working I have NDIS support to run ans alot of other stuff to do with my big machine. This notebook is just a get me by when on the road machine. What can be done about this rogue upgrade that isn't working as my computer should have finished running hours ago. It even repaired drive K I don't have a drive K It only goes up to drive J. I just don't know what to do. This backdoor microsoft have into our computers should only be opened with our permission they know nothing about my computer so why run it without my consent. it did start temporarily but shut down button didn't work or restart so I had to try reset button.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got my PC back at 7.52pm seems to be working ok haven't tried the shutdown yet as I want to get some stuff done while its running.

Reaction score
They must be trying AI on win 10 as it won't let me near hdd re lettering backup, restore kicked me out as admin changed all icons and sizing such a fuckup. I just don't know how to start fixing my beloved home built computer microsoft fucked up.

Reaction score
upgrade KB5025183 this is the upgrade that caused me so much trouble computer is running but I am locked out of some tools.

Reaction score
it's upgrading some more this upgrade it's really trying my patience hope this is the last restart 25 hours so far now.

Reaction score
this upgrade is a change to framework 3.5 and 4.5 or an upgrade to it I still don't know what framework is.

Reaction score
I'm still at it short of a clean start I'm now trying a reset in recovery in upgrades and security its running very slow I have my fingers arms and legs crossed as none of the other tools on the computer work might still be a fresh install won't know for hours. Bugger and its lousy having only emails from support which haven't helped but their atleast feeling my pain.so its coming up to 48 hours now could not remove that upgrade kb5025183 its in my computer lying through it's teeth stating that it installed without friggin issues.

Reaction score
this upgrade is a change to framework 3.5 and 4.5 or an upgrade to it I still don't know what framework is. Its totally trashed my computer

Reaction score
Microsoft support couldn't help me as my puter wouldn't talk to them but I have have seen why the repair function isn't working from my back up it was named incorrectly. so both my backup deives I hooked up tp my notebook and changed drive letters and manes accordingly as I have 6hdds I have to put a drive letter infront of each backup so I know what is what infuture they will all but my OS have this drive letter so my OS can find the backup. Just goes to show human intellegence will never be replaced by artifical intellegence because artifical intellegence doesn't come with commonsence and out of the box thinking it will always have parameters. Now I have the 6 hour wait again and if it doesent work I will have to format the harddrive some how sucks not having a floppy drive. ah but I do on my xp computer or I could format it in a docking station possibly on xp. and yes I still have a win 98 puter but it needs some love. I built the win98 23 years ago but unfortunately its the first edition so it won't go online.

Reaction score
Microsoft should build stuff with the fact people use multipul HDD's in their systems for security and backup etc not every one relies on one drive. fingers crossed.

Reaction score
I got my PC back, I opened task mananger and started looking at details in system and I found many things in my pc name were disabledso I started disabling them and as I went I found tools started working again and when the restore started working I was able to restore to 6 days before disaster. I have turned off the updates for 35 days and I got a bug from a usb stick I used it keeps ringing a bell but turned down the sound for now and disabled usb notifications hopefully one day it will stop I found a number of fixes for it but too buggered to bother with it now don't have to wait 6 hours for my computer to start any more hope the shutdown switches etc work.

Reaction score
Things were going well except one drive dissappeared then another and another and another and I found them sitting in the device mananger tree identified by their volume names. So I started uninstalling them and rebooted did this a few times but was hardgetting them back I'm think a conflict withdrivers or somthing along those lines I also found an underlying issue port 1 device error hit F1. thats been looked at by restore of the recovery drive I guess the full reset I did didn't repair the recovery drive as well. This 22h2 and win 11 are just another Vista falls over too easy very poorly made to many shortcuts inthe making of it. Windows 10 was a very sturty system never gave trouble until win 11 hit the scene. Windows 10 will go down as one of the best operating systems it was user friendly all the tools were inthe right place the control panel except for some settings the two should be kept seperate. It was so hard finding where toremove drivers etc and a very limites scope of options todeal with somthing. wish I still had the double layer tool bar its had getting used to the start board for tools and apps. The biggest flaw however is not having a status bar across the screen as a rough indicator how long a task will take which leads to alot of frustration. So far restoring the recovery drive has been running 2 hours with no indication if it will take another 5 minutes or 5 hours, how slack can they be to their customers. It wouldn't matter if it was inaccurate as long as some indication was there so you could get some pillow time in. I been at this for 2.5 weeks now old win 98 spend one night on it and all your problems were fixed. Who cared if you got hacked you could use abackup tool that actually worked or how the restore worked inXP and windows 7. I'm so over this modern bs with computers. with win 98 just needed a mobil rack and spare HDD and copy your files to it with the backup and if anything went asque you just swapped out the hdds' format the bad one and put your backup copy on to it.

Reaction score
Found the problem my new harddrive I put in a little while back had died should have realised similar symptoms but you just don't expect a new harddrive to die btw my puter is flying now thought it was quick before and its only an am3.

Ask a Question