I need help!

Reaction score
my computer automatically updates, well when it tried for the newest update, it wouldn't work. It said " Automatic Repair your pc did not start correctly" and I've tried turning it off and back on, holding down the power button, I'm refreshing my pc now, and I've tried restoring from a date prior and nothing is working. I need help, but I DO NOT want to lose my pictures if that's possible!
Please help!!

Reaction score
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hi Sherri : I just want to say that if worse comes to worst (and nobody else here has an answer) and you have to do a complete fresh install of windows. Be sure to save the files you want to save to disk or USB Flash drive. You will still have them and can reinstall them to your computer after the install.

Reaction score
I had the same problem a while back and the recovery just went into a loop ie shutting down and restarting.
I tried to just download and install W 10 but then got a message saying no operating system found. :(
The only way i could do anything was to install W 7 then download W10
Good luck hopefully someone here may have an answer. :)

Reaction score
The original screen shows two possible paths. The first was to simply restart the system which might correct some type of glitch.

The second was to use the Advanced Options. If you go into the extra layers of the recovery options there should have been one which mentioned Repairing the Startup. You could have tried that one at least once and maybe even twice and tried rebooting. If that one did not work there were a couple of other options.

Since you are refreshing your system hopefully that will work. If it doesn't maybe you will have another option to try the other recovery selections. It has been suggested removing any external devices such as flash drives or external drives might help repair the problem.

This type of thing does seem to happen quite often for some folks but I do not know any specific cause or a specific fix. If it ever happens to me I will do the best I can to try to determine what is actually happening...

Reaction score
I had the same problem on an HP Desktop after the Win 10 Home ISO upgrade. I know for sure that I followed the above procedure outlined by Saltgrass. That is, I chose the "Advanced Options" and it fixed the glitch. I'm sorry, but I don't remember which of the advanced option I chose at the time.

Ask a Question