I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key because my Windows 10 is not activated anymore

Reaction score
Hello,

HP ENVY laptop.

I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key because my Windows 10 is not activated anymore. There is no sticker on my PC and I cannot access the battery.

I tried my friend "Windows 10 PRO" activation key and now my HP envy laptop is not activated anymore.

How to find my "Windows 10 HOME" key to restore my PC as it came from factory ?

I have tried to RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS but this option does not work, maybe because my activation key is not correct (few other options also are not available because windows 10 is not activated).

Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
If you have had Home,10, installed previously, you no longer need a key as the motherboard has been registered with the MS servers.

Reinstall the Home Windows 10, do not enter any keys , when requested, and you are good to go.

Reaction score
Thank you, but the laptop refuses to install windows 10 home with HP RECOVERY (windows 10 should be on an HP partition), is there any other way to install it from this partition without the previous key ? Or do I need to download a windows 10 home from microsoft and install it ?

Reaction score
If you go to the Activation page in settings, what options do you have?

On a Original Win 10 system, the license key was kept in the UEFI bios and read from there. If there is an option to use another key, does it allow for using that key instead of the wrong key you tried to use?

Reaction score
No option to use another key, just a red error message saying that the W10 PRO that I tried to use is wrong, and nothing else available to click. So weird. I feel like Microsoft will never improve.

Reaction score
You are not being an activation troubleshooter option? Is there a Learn More link since it can take you to troubleshooting info.

Reaction score
Sort of sounds as if some piece of bad code in the MS verification and activation system thinks that you are trying to pirate an OS.

Reaction score
no way to troubleshoot, i'm desperate ! I know that I was stupid to try someone else w10 pro code but how stupid microsoft must be to put users in this situation. It would be so easy to just do nothing when someone is using a key that is already used on another computer.

Reaction score
So what would you do ? Just download a new Windows 10 home from microsoft and hope that it will recognize my computer and activate it without key ? Thanks again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Did your computer start out from the manufacturer as a Windows 10 Home machine?
Personally, I'd back up all my critical data to an external resource.
Then I would boot from the installation media, use Shift F10 to open a command prompt, use DiskPart to wipe the drive ( be careful and pay attention to what drive you select). Then I'd install to the unallocated space on the disk.
IF the computer came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, then as mentioned above that product key is likely embedded in the BIOS, so you probably won't be prompted to select a version to install as the installation will use the embedded key, nor will you likely be prompted for a product key, but if you are simply choose "don't have one" of "skip".

Make sure you have the latest ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()
Choose Windows 10, the first item in the first drop down (not single language at the bottom) * see note at bottom.
Next choose your language and your bit version (32 or 64 bit to match your system architecture or in the case of an upgrade, to match your currently installed version of Windows).
That will provide an ISO that will boot, upgrade, repair (or clean install) either or both Windows 10 Pro and Home.
Within Windows 10 you can just double click the ISO file to mount it as a virtual drive and run setup.exe from that virtual drive to perform the in-place / upgrade / repair.
*NOTE: In some cases, we've learned that some people have the "Single Language" version installed. In which case you would need that download. It's important that you match the ISO version that you download with your installation.

Once you have downloaded the ISO you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
OR
Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive http://rufus.akeo.ie/
When you've created the installation media then you simply boot your computer from that.

Reaction score
Did your computer start out from the manufacturer as a Windows 10 Home machine?
YES

But got bored with the retarded at MS and I downloaded a FREE tool called Free Microsoft Toolkit .v2.6.5.7z that activated my windows 10 as a windows PRO.

I cannot stand these ridiculous people anymore and I will never buy a computer with an original windows, copies and hacks seem to be a lot better and a lot easier !

I hate MS more than never, wish them the worst, at least the same end as Steve !

Thank you again for all your replies, you are lovely <3

Ask a Question