I set up Win 10 including calendar with Microsoft account sign in. Big mistake

Reaction score
Now I can't remove accounts or change one letter spelling error in calendar name. Will I be able to if I some how get out of the whole Microsoft account login in Win 10? Should I just try to add an additional calendar with the same name but correct spelling? I would like to be rid of the start up log in and the feeling of not being in control. I am in my seventies and usually OK with sorting out issues but dealing with all the new stuff at once is a bit much.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
that did not help my calendar issue.
Would you mind clarifying exactly what your calendar issue is?
The calendar name, the account name associated with the calendar, a calendar entry? What exactly are you looking to change or edit?

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. First I set up my my Gmail account which is secondary but I wanted the Google calendar in the Win 10 app for convenience. I misspelled My Calendar as My Cslendar.
Nothing can be changed because I was logged into my Microsoft account when I set it up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you are using the "Calendar" in association with your MS Account, then......
Go to outlook.com or Hotmail.com and log in to your account.
Top left square with 9 smaller squares inside, click and select Calendar.
Top right click settings, the gear looking thing, and choose options.
That should produce a list of your calendars associated with your account, Holiday, Default, My Cslendar...... etc.
That should allow you to select it from the list and then edit the name, which will then be reflected in the Calendar App on your computer next time things sync up.
Don't forget to click save after you make your edit to the calendar name.

EDIT: I tested it on mine, changed Randy's Calendar to "My Calendar" saved it and the changes finally showed up.
I had to go into the account settings and change my sync settings from "according to usage" to every 15 minutes. It still seemed to take a while so I sent myself an email to that account to nudge it a bit and finally I saw my Calendar name change to My Calendar.
The mail, people and calendar apps are all intertwined and to make some changes to the apps you have to use the web browser interface to the MS email account to do things like this as well as other things, like add a folder to your mail folders, etc.,

Last edited:

Ask a Question