Windows 10 setup

Reaction score
hello
l have same problem ( I have no operating system installed in my laptop. because i formatted partition C: )
BUT I INSERT CD WITH windows. 7 in case of bios legacy. just appear recovery screen with a message. -winload.exe is missing-
but in uefi i insert windows 10 cd it work but i find ( you must convert to gpt)
how i convert.
thank you ...

Reaction score
It might help for you to describe the configuration of your system before you did anything to it. Also, what are you trying to accomplish by formatting the C partition.

If you are trying to install Win 10, you may need to remove all the critical partitions involved with that install, not just the C partition. If it is saying you must convert to GPT it means you are using a UEFI install option where the drive was previously set up as MBR. A Win 10 install will configure the drive depending on how you boot the install media. If there are any partitions on the drive, it cannot change from one configuration to another.

Perhaps more information will help us see what is happening. Also, it is important for us to know if there are any data partitions on the drive you are trying to keep.

Reaction score
When I have need for rehabbing a used computer I boot to a GPARTED LiveCD [or Linux LiveDVD with GPARTED on it] to delete all partitions on a drive, Apply the change then reboot to the Win10 source, let that install run/choose whichever it needs to install, GPT or MBR.

Ask a Question