Help, New Windows 10 2 in 1 tablet, "Something wrong" in Setup create a new account for this PC.

Reaction score
Bought a new Windows 10 Tablet 2 in 1 this afternoon, tried to set it up, during set up I connected it to the internet, when I tried putting in my Microsoft account, it said it had some sort of issue but I could set it up later, it then produced the 'create a new account for this PC, I fill in the options but every time I press next it comes up with a little 'something went wrong' in yellow under the password hint box. How do I fix this? I've tried restarting the tablet but it just comes back to the same screen with the same problem, I cannot access any other screens but the account ones as it is still in set up :(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Most laptops include a factory partition that will allow you to return it to the condition it was in when you first purchased it, and.....
A means of accessing the utility at boot time.
Perhaps check your documentation or the manufacturer's website to see if they have instructions about how to perform a factory reset using the restore partition.

Reaction score
When you are creating the account for that system are you creating a Local Account? The way the Microsoft accounts are set up, if done initially, is to use your e-mail as your user name. Maybe some wires are getting crossed as to what password or username are needed.

Ask a Question