Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

Reaction score
I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare.

I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it since 2015 or even earlier. I've tried several policy and registry editing to no avail.

I am on 1803 Build 17134.376, at present.

Reaction score
Hi hello10,

what hardware do you have?, it may be related to your system specs, that is just a theory btw. :):):)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've tried several policy and registry editing to no avail.
Have you tried creating a new user account as a member of the local administrators group to test and see if that account behaves the same way??

Reaction score
Hi hello10,

what hardware do you have?, it may be related to your system specs, that is just a theory btw. :):):)

I am using a 7th-gen i5 8GB of memory. The WU Settings was showing just fine until recently.

Reaction score
Using the new local account was the same. For some reason, I had to re-install the OS. That solved the problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
For some reason, I had to re-install the OS.
That's never fun.
Were you able to do an in-place upgrade / repair and keep all your data, drivers and installed programs?

Ask a Question