IE-11 plugin issue, BOCOM China

Reaction score
Hey all.

I've been living in China for the last few months, and I recently got a BOCOM (Bank of Communications) debit card, and I want to be able to log in online on the English site. I've already done it using my friend's computer (windows 7, IE 7-9 or something).

My issue is, even with all the necessary plugins, my IE doesn't allow me to type my password in - it just stays as a blank/white bar - can't type in. But I can type in the username and bottom verification bars. I've tried various compatibility settings, includings unchecking the Protected mode in IE security. After I installed the plugin, the password bar does show up, but I can't type anything. Additionally, I don't have any anti-virus besides Defender. I also was able to login to my BOC (Bank of China English site with no trouble after getting the plugin for their site. Both banks require IE of course...

I tried the site in Chrome, and it uses these kinds of plugins I guess (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033). An "npxedit" application or something...

I have windows 10, IE 11.
Any help wold be great, thank you.

Ross B.

Attachments

• IMG_20160118_162515 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20160118_162515 - Copy.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 472

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's possible that this might require an adjustment regarding IE's advanced settings.
By default I believe that it is configured to use TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 you may have to include SSL 2.0 and 3.0 for it to function properly.
Try checking those two additional boxes and restarting IE and see if that helps with the problem.

Reaction score
It's possible that this might require an adjustment regarding IE's advanced settings.
By default I believe that it is configured to use TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 you may have to include SSL 2.0 and 3.0 for it to function properly.
Try checking those two additional boxes and restarting IE and see if that helps with the problem.

Negative. Tried checking those two additional boxes, restarting. Same Issue.

- Ross

Ask a Question