SOLVED If I Open A Folder And Scroll Down - After 6 Seconds It Jumps Back To The Top

Reaction score
Thank you for this fix, Rob, works OK, but why can't Microsoft boffins pick this up. Today I received a questionaire from M: would I recommend Windows 10 - hell, no!

Reaction score
It's not the slide show after all, it's the colour change.
Go to SETTINGS. Go to PERSONALISATION Click on COLOURS then switch to OFF "Automatically pick an accent color from my background"
That seems to do it. You can still then have a background slide show if you'd like to.
Please say if this works for you.
Yes! It seems to be the solution. Thank you all.

Reaction score
Yes! It seems to be the solution. Thank you all.
I hate to say, this did not solve it for me either. So, at least for me, it doesn't seem to be related to the slide show or the color settings. My solution? I'm using a third-party explorer clone called "xplorer2". But I'm not happy.

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what folder I open, if I scroll down the page to find what I want, then it JUMPS BACK UP TO THE TOP OF THE FOLDER within 6 seconds, every time.
This glitch makes it impossible to leave a folder open scrolled down to where I want it.
Obviously not everyone has this problem. But I do! HELP!
I have the same problem going for almost two years probably I got it browsing and picking free utilities here and there hope this small tips could help some people especially those who are so desperate to access their files, constantly hold control down you can control the position of the left WinExplorer panel scroll bar by dragging it adjacent to where your specific file is, while still pressing CTRL and with your mouse or access pad, when in position click your file it will appear on the right panel and you can release CTRL key and the scroll bar will assume its former defective position

Reaction score
though this is not a final remedy, open task bar properties then click jump list and in privacy uncheck "store recently opened program" do not close the task and navigation properties yet but try dragging the WinExplorer left panel scroll bar to wherever you like just to observe first at this you could control the panel scroll bar after you click your chosen file then afterwards the scroll bar will revert to its bug behavior and if this is not enough for you try downloading Classic Shell it could help in some way better probably than my tips, btw, in the privacy of Task and Navigation properties either uncheck one of its property I've done it by experimentation, probably the bug that is causing this error was inserted to the programming of this property either as malware or just an ordinary bug

Reaction score
Myself and multiple co-workers are all having this scroll bug occur. It began maybe 1 month ago and has been annoying all of us on a daily basis. I read all the posts in this thread - my personalization settings have background on "picture" and the "automatically pick an accent color" box is not checked. What is going on?!

Reaction score
Does this problem occur after an update from MS?

I've not had the issue for a couple weeks now, seems to have solved itself along the way. Another issue did pop up with dragging multiple files into a new folder, but I have found a work-around via dragging just under the file name and quickly dropping over the desired folder.

Ask a Question